All About CAPTAINS
myTEAM TRIUMPH - Chi-Town Chapter promotes health, teamwork and community and requires the involvement of many people with diverse abilities and disabilities. Persons with disabilities are referred to as the team "CAPTAIN" and will ride-along in the event.
So if you have a disability that keeps you confined to a wheelchair or that severely limits you from participating in road races and triathlon sports, then this program was created just for you. Here are a few examples of the things we do to provide you with the ultimate yet safest experience:
- All applicants are pre-screened through our application process by answering a detailed medical questionnaire. This was designed not to exclude people, but to provide us with pertinent medical information so that we can respond in the most appropriate way should there be an emergency.
- We recommend that all Captains be cleared by their physicians prior to participation. We are unable to risk racing with Captains who are medically unstable.
- We select the most suitable equipment to handle the strains of racing & repeated use.
- Due to equipment design limitations, we recommend Captains to be less than 175# & under 5'10". This would allow you to fit more comfortably in our equipment.
- We cover the details of the race leading up to and on race day so that everyone is aware of their expectations and so that we can all have a good time.
- We work closely with the medical personnel covering each event so that we can get the fastest response should there be an emergency.
So, as you can see, come race day, we've got you covered!
Click Here to register to be a Captain. Please note that this does not gaurantee you a spot in a specific event. You will need to register for each event you would like to participate in.